SAN JOES –Adobe has recently released major updates to Creative Cloud apps Photoshop, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic. These new features, benefits, and value for customers are significant. These updates include new editing and usability enhancements in Photoshop on the Web (beta), and leverage Adobe Sensei AI to simplify workflows for creatives. They also streamline collaboration workflows across devices (desktops, webs and mobile) for Photoshop and Lightroom users.
Scott Belsky (chief product officer and executive vice-president of Adobe Creative Cloud) stated that these innovative, AI-driven features on desktop, mobile, and web make it easy to create great images from Photoshop and Lightroom anywhere. These new capabilities are being added to Photoshop on the Web, which makes it a great way for people to collaborate on projects and also allows them to make key edits right from their browser. Belsky presented these changes at a Paris customer event. These include:
AI-Powered Innovations, Expanded Workflows and AI-Powered Innovations in Photoshop
Photoshop’s Neural Filters allow creatives to harness the power of machine learning and cutting-edge AI. Neural filters are a popular tool that uses AI to increase creativity. They transform complex workflows into simple, transformative solutions that allow for photo editing and manipulation. More than 4 million artists have used neural filters to enhance their creative work to date.
Adobe also showed a new Photo Restoration Neural filter that can help users restore photos damaged or old. It detects and eliminates scratches in just seconds.
Adobe also announced improvements to Photoshop on the Web (beta), including:
- You will find new editing tools like Curves and RefineEdge as well as Dodge and Burn, Smart Objects conversion, and Dodge and Burn;
- Mobile browser access to fast and easy review and commenting
- Onboarding, Learning Content for new creators and citizens who are not familiar with Photoshop;
- UX Enhancements and Performance
New and Powerful Features in Lightroom Ecosystem
Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Classic are updated today to offer powerful editing tools and time-saving workflows that photographers can use. These are some of the notable additions:
- Lightroom allows photographers to quickly trim and apply edits to video clips using the same editing presets and sliders as for photos (desktop or mobile).
- AI-powered Presets to apply different effects on distinct parts of a photograph (Lightroom desktop or Lightroom Classic),
- Key workflow improvements to adjust intensity of presets (Lightroom desktop mobile, web, Lightroom Classic), and compare photos side-by (Lightroom Desktop).
- AI-powered Auto red eye removal (Lightroom desktop, Adobe Camera Raw);
- New Premium Sets (Lightroom Desktop, Mobile, Web, Lightroom Classic and Adobe Camera Raw);
- Expanding Remix capabilities for Lightroom mobile and web.